Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday is Ballet Day

Bentley loves ballet, however, you wouldn't be able to tell by the photos from class. She does most of her dancing "behind the scenes" at home. Last week was observation week. My mom was able to come and observe Bentley with me. At one point during the little 30 minute class, Bentley is shyly holding her tutu up and watching herself in the mirror or the parent's video cameras as the other girls tiptoe around her. It's at this time that my mom leans over to me and says, "You were just like that too." Nearly 30 years ago, I too, was in this very room at the beautiful, historic South Park Community Center, donning my own leotard, tights and ballet bun, trying out my ballerina skills.

My darling Bentley Brooke, almost 3-years-old, is no longer a baby girl, but truly a little girl now.

Bentley and Paige. Paige is my friend, Stacey's daughter. She is one year older than Bentley, but the two play well together. Before taking this photo, all I said was, "Do you want to give each other a hug?" Voila. This photo was taken the very first day of class.




1 comment:

samandpeteVDP said...

So so sweet and precious! Makes me want a little girl all my own! :)