Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"I want my money back."

My mom gave Bentley a coin purse for her birthday filled with eight quarters. We have since lost one of the quarters. Down to $1.75. We went to the $1 section at Target and I told her she could pick out anything that had a "1" on it. She browsed and browsed; alice in wonderland board book, an accordion bendy tube, plastic Tinkerbell rings, a bendy plush flower, and finally, it was between three different puzzles.

She joyfully went up to the cashier to give her the money and counted out five quarters. (I had to teach her about tax. :) The cashier was so kind letting her hold the scanning gun and scan her own item and was graciously patient as Bentley counted five quarters into her hand.

After getting in the car, and looking through her coin purse, she says, "Uh!! Where'd all my money go?!" I explained that she had to exchange some of her money to buy the puzzle. She said, "I want my money back." I then told her if she wanted her money back, she would have to give the puzzle back. She said, "Ok, I don't want the puzzle." I was about to go into explaining about how to return something and thought, nevermind, I don't want to drive back to Target right now to take back $1 puzzle. :)

When we got home, she wanted to play with her puzzle.

2 comments:

kathy said...

A first glimpse at buyer's remorse? :)

Aunt Pah-mee said...

Wow, she learned an awful lot of lessons in one day!! Economics, money management, and capitalism at its finest...the next lesson is how to "earn" more! So fun....Love it. XO