Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tip-toe through the Tulips

Last weekend, Bentley and I went on a girl's weekend retreat with several of my girlfriends from our church community. Both nights Bentley slept horribly. I mean HORRIBLY. She was up every 45 minutes to an hour. And not just fussy, but crying hysterically. It's not like I could let her cry it out at times either since she was sharing a room with my friend Krista and me as well as a house (with thin walls) and all the other girls and two newborns. So I was quite exhausted and sleep deprived the entire weekend. It almost brought me to tears a few times as I was trying to figure out how this retreat was hardly that. Despite all of that, God gave me overwhelming patience with Bentley and incredible compassion for her. At one point in the night, I simply picked her up and held her like a newborn and she calmed down. This was amazing considering she is really not a cuddly kiddo.

The last day we were there, on Sunday, we went to Tulip Town near Stanwood and had a lovely time, despite my friend's son having a major diaper blowout and having to stare into a urinal while I tried to pee using the Port-o-Let. But here, here are the photos that captured the lovely moments... (oh yeah, and except for getting reprimanded for being too far in the tulip row. That was hard for me... I remember having to sit outside of the circle in Kindergarten for whistling... I was traumatized. I don't do "wrong" things. lol)






4 comments:

kathy said...

I got an honorable mention!! I guess diaper blowouts might be worth something after all. :)

auntie Judy said...

Her smile is so beaming! The tulips look so beautiful as a back drop. Love seeing you girls.

James and Molly said...

Sounds like a memorable trip...at least you both look happy in the photos...cute one of Bentley on your shoulders! I completely understand being traumatized by doing the wrong thing--I remember crying in elementary school when I got put in the hall after talking when I wasn't supposed to...guess even the best of us rule followers get in trouble occasionally :)

Hilary said...

You both look so beautiful!