Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I am now on blender probation

I should no longer be allowed to own and operate a blender. As I was making Bentley a lovely selection of honeydew melon baby food, honeydew is just a bit too watery to want to stay inside the baby food blender. As it squirted out the seam, I of course freaked out and lifted up on the blender top. oh my. Honeydew chunks and sticky water EVERYWHERE! The photo below doesn't even do it justice, it was sprayed across the dining room table and chair and Bentley's chair, on Drew's bible, phone book, all over my clothes, on my toes, and on the ground. Oh yes, and in my chai tea, but, I am such a hard core chai tea drinker, that well, yes, I drank it anyway :)


Here is the first reason why I should not be allowed to 'blend.' I made a carrot souffle this fall for a friend's baby shower, and it ended up everywhere but the dish. To give myself some credit, the blender was busted and once you pick it up to pour it out, it all flowed, geysered out the bottom. It is now in the trash.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Why can't you and blenders just get along? hee hee

Christopher and Vanessa Los said...

I am still so thankful to know that you weren't hand cranking out all this food like I had been thinking for months now! Now I don't feel like such a wuss!