Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Things

So in the last week or so, Bentley has decided to do a few new things...

1) Wave 'Hi' and 'Goodbye' (More like the flap of her wrist)
2) Take a few steps! (holding on of course) But she moves each foot without prompting, it is pretty insane.
3) Definitely crawls (or pushes) BACKWARDS only
4) Stands on her own, for at least 2-3 seconds at a time
5) Can tell me "All Done" with her sign language. Like she is "all done" with the exersaucer, or "all done" with playing on the floor" or "all done" being in the high chair". Just last night when I put her down for bed, she seemed just fine at first, but then I heard her fussing and found her like this:


Each time, I picked her up, turned her over and tucked her in again and each time, she gave me the "All done" signal frantically with tears down her cheek. I said "baby girl, you can't be 'all done' I am sorry sweetie, it is time to go to bed." After three more times, she finally fell asleep. But now I typically find her flipped over onto her hands and knees when she wakes up after naps or in the morning.

P.S. If you are wondering about the scratches near her eye, she got in a girl fight with her friend, Paige. Just kidding. My friend Stacey graciously watched Bentley for me for a couple hours and when Stacey went to get Bentley's food ready, her daughter Paige scratched her. just fyi - she is fine though :)

1 comment:

kathy said...

Oooh. That Paige is going to get a reputation. :) And I am finding Kellen like this already when I go in to get him. Except not so much the knees part. Yikes.