Wednesday, April 15, 2009

12 hours of straight-up art

I am so glad I can still manage to utilize my creativity at home with baby girl. Drew's and my friend, Aaron Spiro is playing and hosting four songwriters nights in Tacoma and wanted me to create the poster for them. I decided to go completely out of the box and hand draw an image that would resemble a psychedelic 70s poster with a bit of asian flair :) Below is my sketch and final product :) Enjoy! It took 12 straight hours to complete... I had to vector each part of my sketch (which means outline it in a graphics program and fill it in with color.) My wrist hurts.


8 comments:

samandpeteVDP said...

HOLY CRAP! This is amazing! Can I have one? I'm serious, I'll pay for it, but I need to get my hands on one of these. Let me know hat I gotta do! Puh-lease, puh-lease!

Hartshorns said...

Lindsay, that is really beautiful!!!
-anya

Drew said...

Dude, it looks even tighter in printed and in person too.

Good job babe! Its sick!

Amy and Bryan said...

That is really cool Lindsay!

erinwegner said...

THIS POSTER IS SO COOL!!
I WANT A COPY!

love you

judy said...

Lindsay you're an amazing artist on so many different levels!
Love you.
Judy and Matt

kathy said...

You're a crazy woman!!! I love it.

Kjersti said...

AWESOME! Have fun tomorrow :)