Wednesday, December 22, 2010

the santa photo experience...

... went beautifully!

Bentley's Nana (Drew's mom, Kelly), took Bentley and I to go see Santa at the Mall (super close to us so my "modified bed rest" self could make it.) I wasn't sure how it would go considering Bentley's spider-cling-to-Drew reaction last year. (Last year our friend's friend's grandpa came to our house for a couple of the neighbor kids and I took the photos - see photo below)


So this year, we went and saw the Mall Santa whom Bentley had waved to just weeks before when out on an outing with me. She has been fascinated with Santa this year. Whenever she sees a Santa as we drive by she says "Ho, Ho, Ho" and follows it up with several renditions of "Up on the Housetop." Especially on her way to Grammy's house (my mom). And when asked this morning what she would say to Santa when she saw him, she said, "Ho, Ho, Ho" and would start singing again.



Yet, I still wasn't sure how it would go.

While in line, she said, "I take off his hat." So I told her that Santa likes his hat and wants to keep it on. She also kept saying, "I sit on his lap?" And I would answer, yes, and explain the whole "Santa" thing again to prep her.

It was finally our turn. The little brother ahead of us cried and squirmed. Bentley walked up to Santa. Nana helped her on his lap. She just eyed him for awhile. No tears yet. I told the photographer guy NOT to tell her to smile, because she ends up with her squinty face, instead I told him to tell her to laugh. But then his assistant told her to say "Cheese" and voila, here is the photo. I bet you can just hear the word "Cheese" coming out of her mouth when you look at this photo. But no tears. Amen! And while it is a "Cheese" kind-of smile, it is still very much Bentley.


Her first real Santa photo; line, candy canes, jingle bells in your face and all. The beginning of history captured. Thank you Nana!

2 comments:

allison said...

Adorable! And that Santa is even friendly-looking! (Santa at our mall is kinda creepy.) Just think...next year there'll be two!

Anonymous said...

"Refuse to say Cheese" by Me Ra Koh!!! lol


Sue Christianson