Friday, December 3, 2010

Coming Home...

I was going through Bentley's baby clothes to wash for welcoming her baby sister, Emery, when I came across Bentley's "coming home" outfit and paused. It was stained... a lovely shade of yellow around the collar. I couldn't resist smelling it. While I had planned for Bentley to wear this when she came home from the hospital for the first time, she spit up so much in the hospital that this outfit was soiled before we made the drive. Even still, I had chosen this particular outfit for her to wear home with the matching hat (which she did wear home).


I decided to use her outfit as part of her Christmas gift. I am saving the hat to put with her baby book, but thought I would transform the layette into a little pillow for her.


I made Bentley's profile from a photo I took of her shadow against a wall this fall during our family trip to Omak to celebrate Drew's Grandpa's birthday.

I knew I had to include the little birdie somehow as I have a feeling this will be Bentley's favorite part of the pillow.

The front is actually warm organic batting that you would normally use inside a blanket. I just loved the soft texture.

The back is a rosette-type synthetic, but super soft material... I just adore this fabric, I had to go back and buy some for Bentley's pillow after using it on the blocks I made for Emery.

3 comments:

kathy said...

You, my dear, are awesome! Are you loving the zigzag stitch or what?!:)

allison said...

What a beautiful gift! So special for her to have down the road....

Molly said...

Wow so special!! I'm sure she will treasure this for many years to come.