Monday, December 27, 2010

preparing for baby

As a surprise to Drew's mom, Kelly, we presented her on Christmas with a little frame and the following note inside...

Dear Nana,

I have been trying for some time now to tell my parents that I have not been completely on board with the choosing of my name. They kicked around some very pretty names but I just don’t think they fit me as a person. I mean, I have been trying to let everyone know out there just who I am! With the recent hospital ordeal, I finally got through to my mommy and daddy what I think my name should be.

I have always really liked Emery - it means “industrious leader.” However, my middle name has just not been sitting right with me so while I was in the hospital with my mommy and daddy we had a lot of time just the three of us. I guess they finally figured out that I want my middle name to be Anne just like you! Anne means “favored grace” which I will need a lot of if I’m going to be an industrious leader!

So if you don’t mind, I’d like to have your middle name too.

Thank you very much,

Emery Anne Webster

4 comments:

kathy said...

So sweet. We need to know her reaction though! You can't leave your readers hanging like that. :)

The Eyes said...

aw. we picked Anne for Avery as well. It's a 3 generation middle name. Happy New year to you all!

lindsaybrooke said...

she cried, adrianne cried and I cried too!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, that is so sweet. I love it all. Can't wait to see you maƱana! Cindy