Tuesday, August 31, 2010

a note to our second-oldest daughter

dear baby girl...

Just hours ago we learned that you were indeed a precious baby girl. You will be joining a blonde bundle of laughter that will love doting on you as her little sister. You will also be joining a father that is an amazing dad to daughters. Never will you wonder what God must be like as Father when He has given you such an incredible example on earth. Your daddy’s heart for you runs deep. He is a rare man of intense compassion and justice and desires deeply for you to know how loved you are by God. As your mommy, I have to admit, I was quite relieved knowing I get to be a mother to yet another lovely daughter; imagining holding yours and your sister's hands while walking down the sidewalk in your summer dresses. We will have warm summer days of sidewalk chalk, finger painting, vegetable planting and cloud gazing and colder fall and winter days of hot chocolate, classic movies, snow angels and leaf printing and of course rainy spring days of puddle jumping and warm baths to follow.

I love you sweet girl… already.

4 comments:

behindthelens said...

this made me cry..

auntie Judy said...

what a wonderful family awaits you...
Love,
the halls'

kathy said...

Way to mess with my emotions! I'm so crying right now.

samandpeteVDP said...

lovely. can't wait to meet you baby girl!