Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bentley sees the Ocean


My friend Sondra and I took our kids to Long Beach Tuesday for a mini overnight trip to the ocean. I took this photo of Bentley as she looks at the ocean for the first time. I had her strapped to me in her baby Bjorn and I held the camera out. I know she doesn't understand quite yet, but Drew and I try to remind ourselves to consistently speak truth to her about who is God. And as she stared with her little pink nose at the long beach meeting the ocean, I wanted to convey to her that God knew her before I did and that Drew and I are blessed with stewarding her little life for God. And that such a powerful God who made this ocean, also made her delicately and uniquely Bentley Brooke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful and true. She looks so calm as she gazing at the ocean. I'm so glad that you are able to take the time to really enjoy her and her little first of many things to come! We love you!

samandpeteVDP said...

ohhhhh!! i got all warm and fuzzy with this one!