Wednesday, April 27, 2011

our church body in Tacoma

Here is a small video vignette of one of our elders, Jeff, talking about our church body's heart for Tacoma and what it looks like to live as Christ did in our city.

Drew and I co-lead a Missional Community, which Jeff and others refer to in this video. We are reminded that we don't just go to church on Sundays, but are the Church daily.

How does living life with this lens affect our relationships with neighbors, with people we happen to meet and with our own friends and family? While God calls us to be Holy as He is Holy, we will fall short until all will be made perfect in heaven. However, how do we, as the body, reflect Christ in this broken world now? For me, it is daily realizing that this life is a gift, it is not my own, but it is to be stewarded well; as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, neighbor. Living for Christ and not my own self, should always affect how I love others, live daily, how I spend the resources God gave us, share our home and time each day.

Enjoy this little snippet into the Family Drew and I feel led to be a part of, that helps lead us to love Christ and others well.

Soma Communities - Tacoma, WA from Verge Network on Vimeo.

No comments: