Wednesday, April 13, 2011

generations


My mother and I, along with my two daughters (Bentley Brooke 2 1/2 years-old and Emery Anne, 2 months old) left on a road trip to California just over two weeks ago to visit my grandparents, father, brother and his family as well.

To watch my grandmother and grandfather enjoy time with their great granddaughters gave me joyful moments of reliving my childhood memories of visiting them. From the fresh orange juice we made from the oranges we picked in their backyard to pancake mornings and putting together pieces of the handmade puzzle made by my grandfather; to riding a tricycle around the cul-de-sac and trying on my grandmother's shoes, I was overjoyed watching them now enjoy these simple moments and the grandparents that I was in awe of as a kid.

I will post more anecdotes and photos from the trip soon.



1 comment:

mOm said...

I had so much fun with you and the girls on our trip. I love your photos and I'm sure Bentley made some happy memories!