Tuesday, October 5, 2010

a nod to martha...

...stewart that is.

In preparation for the Halloween season, Bentley and I ventured to the Dollar Store to find the following items:

bag of 8 snakes - $1
bag of 'other' insects (the centipede caught my eye) - $1
medium wicker wreath - $1
6 foot leaf garland - $1
green floral wire - $1

and then onto a quick stop at Home Depot for satin black spray paint - $4 (I plan to use it more, oh, much more.)

Using my trusty mini hot glue gun and naptime hours, I constructed the infamous wreath.



While Martha's version didn't have leaves, my puny wicker wreath seemed like it needed a bit more bulk.

Now, when we get home from outings, Bentley consistently points to it and enthusiastically says, "Snakes!"

5 comments:

lindsaybrooke said...

it's killing me to see the leaves stick out more on the left than on the right... I am walking to the front door to adjust that now. My sense of asymmetrical balance can now be put at ease.

allison said...

What a fun craft for kids! It looks great, too. I didn't even notice the asymmetry. :)

samandpeteVDP said...

So crafty! Did you move the leaves to the bottom??
love it regardless. Snakes!!!

lindsaybrooke said...

thanks thanks! it was fun. ha ha no, I just pulled the leaves out more on the right side, they were tucked back a bit. :)

lauren carroll said...

that's pretty badass.