Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a hot mess

If something is going to be good, it must first come from a mess. (So apparently is my unofficial motto). Adam was made from dirt. Masterpieces are created from nothing but massive amounts of mixed pigment. Even the way a baby makes its way into the world. All a mess.

and God makes messes beautiful.

I am reminded of this beauty in my messy quest to make pumpkin bread. A beautiful aroma and taste comes at the cost of my unnecessary use of one too many bowls, pumpkin bread mixture causalities dolloped on my kitchen floor as well as excessive amounts of flour that make it to nearly every findable crevice in my kitchen.


According to my track record, whether it be painting, silkscreening, sewing, organizing or baking endeavors; even the construction of a simple pb&j sandwich for lunch, it first requires a mess. Thank you, trusty refrigerator memorabilia, for reminding me that indeed, beauty often arises out of such a mess.

1 comment:

kathy said...

I shouldn't be surprised by your level of activity even when you are home sick, but I can't help it!