Monday, May 10, 2010

"Tomout" & "Obay"

While I was making Bentley a sandwich, I asked her to bring me her plate from the table so I could add a few strips of sandwich to her apple slices. As she steps down, the apple slices slide off the plate. I come to her aid and put them back on saying it is okay. This does not seem to suffice as Bentley says "Tomout" and then "Obay". I try to explain to her that it was an accident and that she didn't mean to and doesn't need a timeout for not obeying mommy.

As I am typing this I am reminded from my reading in Letiviticus lately (I am attempting to read the bible in a year) that people had to atone for their sins through sacrifice for not only intentional, but unintentional sin.

"When a leader sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the commands of the Lord his God, he is guilty. When he is made aware of the sin he committed, he must bring as his offering a male goat without defect." "If a member of the community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord's commands, he is guilty. When he is made aware of the sin he committed, he must bring as his offering a female goat without defect."
Lev. 4:22-23, 27-28


Praise God that He sent a perfect offering - without defect - to die even for the sins we have committed and have yet to commit that we aren't even aware of so that we might have a relationship with our Father God.

1 comment:

lauren carroll said...

aw, how sweet little Benteley. the youngsters in my class are constantly dropping things (usually colored pencils and erasers), and they always say "ochita," which means "it fell." i swear, i've learned as much japanese from them as i have from the adults!