Saturday, April 3, 2010

Preparing for Easter

Easter eggs, plus my love of typography equals an attempt at a Martha Stewart idea: using vinyl letters to create typographically beautiful easter eggs!


When I truly think about preparing for Easter, I know it goes beyond the trail of chocolate eggs to Bentley's Easter basket full of $-store finds (zebra-striped purse, socks and bunny ears), and goes beyond the little pots with spanish moss ready to hold the lettered eggs I made our families to adorn their plates to mark their place for Brunch.

The truth is, Easter is a celebration! Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose on the third day. I want the meaning of this to be written on my heart and mean more to me than just a phrase on a bookmark at the check-out counter at a Christian bookstore. I want the joy to be real. So when I actually prepare for Easter, I want my heart prepared to embrace the truth of the Joy.

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

1 comment:

allison said...

Love the eggs, Lindsay, and the reminder of how amazing it is that we can celebrate a Risen Savior! Happy Easter!!!