Sunday, April 18, 2010

George, the sock monkey.

The desire to at least attempt making a sock monkey has intensified recently. When a couple of baby shower invitations showed up in my mailbox, I knew it was sock monkey time. Here is my first attempt. I have yet to name him. I think he is a boy. He is for a baby boy anyway, let's call him "George" for now.


I had a hard time finding just the right buttons for his eyes. I don't recommend white (super creepy). And black, well, that didn't look right either. I ended up finding the turquoise buttons and thought they needed a little something else, so I doubled them up. I highly suggest this if you want to tone down the creepy-factor.


If you would like to make a sock monkey creation of your own, I recommend this sock monkey-making-website.

1 comment:

behindthelens said...

thats uber cute i think i might steal this idea!