Thursday, March 25, 2010

why I take photographs...

I have a deep desire for people, especially women, to see their true beauty, not just their inner beauty, but in fact, that they would see that God made their outside uniquely beautiful too. It is for this reason, that I have a passion for photography, especially portraits, to reveal both the inner and outer beauty. Being on a women's retreat this weekend through our church body, soma communities, gave me an opportunity. I told a few girlfriends that I wanted to do a photo shoot. Truthfully, I wanted to show them how beautiful they are.

(I wouldn't let Kathy know what I wrote on the wall behind her.)








you can see more of the photos here: portraits of friends

and for my family, here is one my friend Kathy took of me


2 comments:

Judy said...

The pics are just Awesome! It's nice to see you women the way all women should be, united in sisterhood. The mommy and her little baby was touching. You all looked beautiful.

kathy said...

You're awesome Lindsay. I love seeing God work in your heart. I love how you glorify God with your creativity. I love your friendship. I love you.