Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why Christians Get a Bad Name...

... from lame things like this:

"Give these vinyl foam-filled footballs as door prizes at your next church event! A sporty favorite for Sunday School, these 4" inspirational footballs have scenes from the Bible. They work for a variety of outdoor games and athletic activities. © OTC
only $9.99/dozen"



...and why people think we know nothing about art or design...



oh yeah and Thomas Kinkade... sorry to anyone who likes his work. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate his ability to paint, but I hope heaven looks a LOT different than little cottages by streams with 'realistic' lights.



got on my soapbox a bit :)

3 comments:

samandpeteVDP said...

umm...clearly you haven't seen the Thomas Kinkade with the cottage, stream, amazing light, AND swan swimming IN the stream......I think you'd be singin' a different tune sister.
(seriously, why cottages? it's ALWAYS cottages!)

kathy said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. You mean people don't like those footballs? They look like such high quality items.

KarenElyse said...

I was looking for something to spruce up my room, I'll have to run down to my local mall and pick up a Kinkade. Or maybe I'll order one of those creepy cardboard standups of him... in all denim. *shudder*