Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baby Food Intimidation

I did it! I actually made baby food from scratch for Bentley! I was super-intimidated at first, but it really wasn't too hard at all. Just a little steaming, perhaps some peeling, blending... and voila! Instant homemade baby food... and much cheaper! I had saved the containers from some I had purchased to start us off with, plus I had some trays specifically for this purpose given to me by my mother-in-law. Amazing! Here is a pic of my endeavors... yes, I had to stage it, I was super-proud of my feat! I don't call myself a cook quite yet, but I am learning, so this was a HUGE step for me! (there were several more containers in the freezer. Peas, zuchinni and pears, oh my!


Bentley tried eating the zucchini and pears today. Pears are for sure a favorite. And zucchini, well, I think she liked laughing and smiling with her dad more than anticipating a bite of zuchinni.

1 comment: