Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the Bentley and Emery trees

Before Bentley was born, we bought a Smoke Tree to plant in the yard to mark her birth.  We chose a Smoke Tree because she was named after my mother's parents (their last name is Bentley) and they have lived for that last 51 years on Smoke Tree Lane.




When Emery was to be born, I had a hard time choosing another tree.  At first I wanted a Magnolia, but was cautioned against the mess their petals leave on the ground.  I saw this beautiful pink flowering tree instead and realized it was a Crabapple.  Deciding that the name didn't matter (though it seems to be fitting for Emery at times) as much as the beauty of the tree in this case, we chose it and planted it to mark Emery's birth.



































The little lady in my belly now will get her own tree as well... hmm... what to plant for her.

No comments: