Thursday, September 1, 2011

mini Photography workshop

Last night I hosted a mini photography workshop at my home for friends and family that have asked me over the years to help them learn more about their cameras. It was a lovely evening of wine, good food, friends and learning how the heck to use a camera. :) It also reminded me that I love teaching.

One of my former students modeled for us as well as Bentley.

Bentley also tried to get in on the teaching.

(This photo by my friend, Kathy)

Anytime I do something like this, I tend to over think how everything went. Did people learn what they hoped to learn? Was I articulate enough? Could I have said that differently? Did I rush people through the information? I should have left more time for... The list continues. That's when I say to myself (As I do with lots of things), "Lord, it's not about me. I did what I did, help me learn from this experience, but also help me to rest in that fact that yours is the only opinion that ultimately matters."

No comments: