Wednesday, June 8, 2011

paint paint paint

I've been hauling the girls around from Home Depot to Miller Paint and to Benjamin Moore for the last two days now trying to find just the right colors to paint the exterior of our home. (I need to plug our ever-faithful Sherwin Williams here. I find the paint I like elsewhere and they graciously match it for me :)

Drew will be painting our next door neighbor's home next week and mentioned to me that he could do ours at the same time. yippee! Many of you may think our house is painted, and while the majority of it is, upon closer look, you'll realize it is only half-done. ha. The old adage is true, the paint contractor's home is never painted itself.

Our home is covered in renovation magazines and scraps of paper with colors the I think I like, but then when we get samples and try it out on our home, it looks awful! Thanks to the patience of my husband, I get to try again.... and again.... to find that perfect combination of colors. Our home is currently a nice safe beige with white trim and black accents. Both Drew and I want something more unique. How do we go unique and not freak out our neighbors... or ourselves?

We will see.

3 comments:

samandpeteVDP said...

Um, I'm loving that deep blue/navy, or whatever it is. Do that!!

Drew said...

Ha! We thought the same thing! Its in for sure.

marcalicious said...

oh i'm soooo excited for you!!! love new paint jobs!