Friday, November 5, 2010

almost Picasso

Drew surprised me with a date night Wednesday where he whisked me up to the SAM for the Picasso exhibit! Due to trying to get our kiddo out the door and to her auntie's... we would have be slighted about 20 minutes of the exhibit. Instead, they allowed us to switch our time slot to another day. His blue period's Man with Guitar will just have to wait for me. We ended up at a small coffee roaster in Pike Place (by my brother's recommendation) where we enjoyed frothy vanilla chai teas and read the seattle low-income homeless Real Change paper. (Which, by the way, don't be so quick to shoe away these guys or gals that are trying to sell this publication. Read about their mission here).



Later that night, I was surprised when our dear friends, Todd and Sondra, met us for a delightful Italian dinner complete with a bottle of wine (for our husbands) and a couple of cherry cokes for us two pregnant gals. We also couldn't resist browsing the entire Land of Nod store as we both anticipate our new little ones.

1 comment:

lindsaybrooke said...

After a few email comments, I should clarify that while I don't agree with all the views in the Real Change paper, I mostly wanted to mention it for one, that I was sad to see people shoe these guys/gals away that were selling the publication before they even gave them a chance to explain themselves and what they were doing. And two, I support free speech, even when I don't always agree with what people say :)