Wednesday, September 8, 2010

in a pickle

When I was first dating and then engaged to Drew, I was told by him that his family said I had two faults; one, that I did not like beer (still don't, would rather have wine), and two, that I did not like pickles. Though these have not changed, I am still invited to Dillapalooza, a family fun pickling event. Perhaps the fact that our daughter loves her Papa's pickles, makes up for my distaste for them. Leave them as cucumbers for me, please.

Our pickling adventure started at Duris Cucumber Farm.

Mother and daughters (notice the baby girl bump)


"I ride bike, please?"




And our Washington Sweet trying to push the onion wagon...









...and the finished product inspired by a drawing of Bentley's signature "Surprise Face" by our friend, Charity

2 comments:

samandpeteVDP said...

Ha! That label is amazing. How much is a jar of pickles? They look spicy! Can we put one on lay-away and pick it up in December?

p.s. love that baby bump!

aunt Judy said...

amazing pics all the color, those pickles look totally yummy! Olivia has a simalar look! Hahaha