Wednesday, June 9, 2010

welcoming Spring by watering our little garden

A dear friend gave me a Scarlet Runner Bean plant after I took family portraits for them. And then another dear friend gave us two Tomatillo plants to add to our little backyard planter garden. While I had much bigger dreams about a backyard vegetable garden, I think we will have to wait until next year. However we are enjoying this little starter corner garden until then.

I love this new watering rhythm and inviting Bentley along to tend to and steward these new plants with me. Just today the rain poured for a moment and I told Bentley that God was helping us water the plants and making them beautiful and she said, "yes" and we thanked God.

Sidenote: The watering can you see Bentley using is one that I purchased when I was pregnant with her but before I knew what we were having. I secretly wanted a girl, but didn't want to tell anyone. And in case we were having a boy at the time, I didn't want my heart to be sad if it wasn't a girl. Anyway, I had a moment in Fred Meyer where I just felt teary-eyed and thought of moments of watering the garden with my daughter someday... so in my pregnant-emotional state, I bought this watering can.





3 comments:

allison said...

The sweetest part about this post is that you splurged on a watering can. A watering can! :) I think most moms-in-waiting buy pink shoes, or striped tights, or ruffled dresses for their hoped-for girls. But a watering can is WAY more fun! I LOVE it that you can now tend to your garden with your little girl. She is so precious!

kathy said...

Do you think the deck will grow too? :) Great pictures and I KNOW Bentley has got to love tending the garden with you just as much as you love sharing it with her.

pressure washer hose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.