Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday Girl

Bentley celebrated her first birthday this last Saturday (even though her actual birthday is this Wednesday, August 5th.) We had a small brunch party with our family recipe of "Christmas Casserole", homemade blueberry scones, fresh fruit and birthday cake! I didn't get photos of the birthday cake, but if you watch the video you can see the result of my endeavors :) I used blueberries to make a little "B" on her cake. For the other cake for the adults, I used teal M&Ms to make a "B," complete with serifs and all!

She received the nicest gifts from our family and friends, from a stroller and baby to her very own grocery cart that even makes sounds when you put items in the basket, to a Bentley-size table and chairs (that daddy put together Friday night, and mommy put together the baby doll stroller and grocery cart!). She even got a power wheels! I always wanted one of those when I was a kid. She got a popper, and collectible Madame Alexander doll with a little kangaroo (a stuffed animal kangaroo was also my very first baby gift when I was little). She received some floating rubber duckies that were a hit that night in the bathtub and a little watermelon outfit that she wore to our church picnic today. (I washed it this morning so she could wear it again today!) and some little size 5 light up shoes that Bentley spent awhile trying to figure out how they worked.


Bentley and her presents


Bentley already trying out her baby doll and stroller wearing her new watermelon outfit.

She enjoyed a little dance with Simon, our friends Vanessa and Chris' son. I also made a video of Bentley's first year of life which his too long for you tube. I got all teary eyed watching the early clips showing one of me pregnant and then of her as a newborn and on up. Precious. I will let the photos and other videos of her day speak for themselves.

"Why is everyone singing about a candle. And why are you walking that flame near me."

"Mom you are bizzare."

The only people missing from this photo are Adrianne and Ryan (who are just to the right of Josh, oh and me, since I am taking the picture. :)



This is my favorite photo. It perfectly captures Bentley Brooke's spirited self.


"The Experience Cake Project"

I just can't believe my baby girl is one year old. People constantly told me it would go by fast. So fast that I haven't even been able to finish her first year baby book yet! I am so grateful to God that he blessed up with such a giggly, happy, inquisitive, darling daughter. And that we get to steward her little life for Him. Amazing.

3 comments:

auntie Judy said...

OH she's darling, it's nice that we can share her first birthday being so far away. Our gift is on it's way with Grandpa Ron. The best part is when she read the blow fish card, she really looked like she was reading! When you guys come in Sept we'll have to have another b-day party for family in Cali!
Happy 1st Birthday! We love you so much!

The Mobergs said...

You are definitely blessed!

Happy 1 year Birthday Bentley!
Love, The Mobergs

samandpeteVDP said...

Seriously. Do your blog readers even know what Serif's are?!?!?!? You are SUCH a design geek. Good thing you linked to it! :)