Thursday, May 14, 2009

the birds and the bees...

Drew and I took advantage of a sunny moment on Tuesday and decided to make our first trip to the zoo as a whole family. While there, we had to visit the meerkats. On previous visits, the meerkats would be bounding around the exhibit. This day, there were three little ones huddled within a rock formation. We propped Bentley up against the glass so she could see. The zoo was empty that day, so it was just us. Then, IT happened. And I literally mean "IT". While I thought the meerkats were simply "cuddling" to keep warm (it was a bit chilly despite being sunny), one immediately became a third wheel as the other two started "doing it". Well, Bentley , here is your first "Birds and Bees" lesson right before your eyes, just 2 feet away. Oh my! While Drew and I were cracking up, I swiftly picked up Bentley and suggested we check out the sharks. Here is Bentley's day with Daddy at the Zoo in photos:


Can you see the tiger behind them? Just over Bentley's head





2 comments:

kathy said...

Love the pictures! I especially enjoy the one of Bentley and the ginormous fish having a staring contest. At least, that's what I say is happening. And Bentley is SO winning. :)

auntie Judy said...

OMG, that picture of Bentley and the shark are awesome! She looks so tiny next to the huge fish in the tank. love you guys, Auntie Judy