Sunday, July 31, 2011

the Em-ster






Our miss Emery, Ems, Em, "My Emery" (as Bentley so lovingly calls her), Emska, turned 6-months-old last Monday. She is as passionate as ever, with only one volume; loud. She can squeal with delight and in the very next breath let out a demanding cry. Her big sister can captivate her attention, and Bentley's singing most always calms her down. She is intense when she eats, sometimes pulling the spoon into her mouth as you feed her. She has a grip like a vice and somehow manages to move across the living room. (I still have yet to truly discover how she does it. I think it is a combination of flipping around, scooting backward and pulling with her arms.)

She can sit up now and definitely prefers the view. She devours her binky when she sleeps, and enjoys her "bobby" like Bentley did (a little blanket with a stuffed bear head attached, morbid-sounding, yes, but how my children love them!) She pulls it over her head to fall asleep, which means every night, I go and check on her and gently take it off her head. She is a super light sleeper, which is different, because her sister sleeps so soundly, I could go in and clean her entire room while she was napping and she wouldn't even budge. Sometimes Emery is so intent on covering her face to sleep, that I will find her blanket that I wrap around her legs, to be up over head and her legs bare when I go in and check on her. Even when I wrap it super tight, Emery manages some houdini move and I have to take it off her face again - all the while trying not to wake her. If you do wake her, which happens a lot because she is a light sleeper, she greets you with the biggest smile and a courtesy squeal. To which, you must go through the process again and put her back to bed, but not before you can't help but meet her smile with yours, and perhaps blow a kiss too.

I took these 6-month portraits at Big Lake this weekend on our annual Webster/Duffy vacation.

3 comments:

Auntie Pam said...

Such great photos of Emmer-me! Thanks....XO

samandpeteVDP said...

She's SO perfect!! I love her brown hair, and her big eyes, and HUGE smile. I cannot believe she is 6 months already! What a big girl! Good job Mommy :)

kathy said...

She's got that sitting up thing down! Gavin still only lasts a few seconds at a time before he pulls a "timber" and falls over slow motion style. ha ha