Sunday, December 21, 2008

Carjackers play darts with icicles

Drew should consider hustling for a living. Seriously, he could be one of those guys on the streets of NYC with a dart and a dartboard and bet people he could beat them - even let them throw the dart first and then use the very same dart and wham! insta-money making scheme. No strings attached, no darts up his sleeve.

Last night after Bentley went to sleep and our friends went home for the evening, Drew and I put on our snow gear. Because of the snow cover, any light available illuminated the neighborhood even more. Setting the baby monitor on the porch, we first created our snowman, outfitted with nice gangly arms from twigs, a smaller twig nose and dirt clog "dyed" eyes. Because of the lack of the compact-quality of the snow, ours was a "mini-me" version of Frosty.


From here, we gathered up icicles hanging from the bottom of our neighbor's cars, drew a target on our car window in snow. Drew tried to warn me of his abilities, but I didn't heed. He quickly wasted me in our game of icicle darts. Our neighbor was out on his porch and asked us what the hell we were doing. He works super early in the morning and thought we were breaking into cars as we carefully chose our dart-cicles. He just laughed at us. I then HAD to make a snow angel before going inside and then this erupted in a near white-washing of my face by my husband and we threw snowballs at each other all the way back to the porch. I highly recommend playing in the snow any time after midnight.


Our home in the snow

3 comments:

Melissa James said...

Your house looks sooo pretty in the snow! I still can't believe what a makeover you gave it!

marcalicious said...

that sounds like a fun date! :)

Christopher and Vanessa Los said...

That sounds like so much fun! You guys are great! Love you!